Multiple arrests made in Mortgage Fraud Case
In November, we heard from a high school janitor who had learned that something strange was going on with her credit report.
When she tried to take out a loan she was denied, and for a reason she couldn't believe.
It turns out Amy Flax had three homes on her credit report- other than the one she lived in- that she had bought, but had never seen.
TV 20 investigated and found that a Marion County man named William King had offered Flax money years ago to take out a loan in her name to purchase homes.
It was all part of a fraud organization throughout the state of Florida- that came crashing down.
Across Florida home foreclosures are an epidemic.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has been investigating 52 year old Bill King for about two years.
` King was arrested in Marion County along with nine others, thought to be part of a six county mortgage fraud operation with fraudulent loans of over 2 million dollars.
FDLE Investigators say they aren't sure whether victims will ever see their lost money.
Also arrested was appraiser Gerry LaPlante with Summerfield Real Estate Services, Saul Rentz with S.L. Construction,
Sue Wilson with Superior Land Title, Candy Howard with Superior Land Title, Russell Akin a Straw Buyer, Mary Akins a straw buyer, Rebecca Smith Sibrey with HomeTown Title, and Beverly King with Investors Property Corp.
Beverly King is Bill King's Ex Wife.
All suspects are looking at a potential 60 years in prison.
Bill King was initially being held without bail, but that was changed at first appearance.
His bail is now set at 100 thousand dollars.
- Arrest Made in Dead Body Case
- Arrest made in Gilchrist County murder case
- Arrests Are Made in TV 20's Cold Case Feature
- Case of Medicaid Abuse and Fraud Unfolds With Fifth Arrest
- MC Mortgage Fraud Part 2
- MARION COUNTY MORTGAGE FRAUD
- Plea Hearing for Mortgage Fraud Scheme
- Lake City Teen Arrested In Connection With Multiple Burglaries
- Marion County Man Arrested on Multiple Charges of Child Pornography
- 4 Arrested For Multiple Bank Robberies