Community Spotlight September 9, 2009
Bob Williams interviews Rosey Moreno-Jones about the Marion County Senior Services, which was recently named "State Service Provider of the Year."
Marion County Senior Services needs more volunteer drivers for their Meals on Wheels program, especially during the summer months when the volunteer numbers are particularly low.
They are also looking for more volunteers for their congregate meal sites situated throughout Marion County.
Another way you can help is by becoming a Senior Companion, which includes a small stipend. You must be at least 55 years old by Oct. 1 to become a Senior Companion.
Other volunteers must be at least 18 years old, and if they want to be a Meals on Wheels volunteer, they must have a reliable form of transportation, insurance and a driver's license.
- Community Spotlight September 2, 2009
- Community Spotlight September 16, 2009
- Community Spotlight September 23, 2009
- Community Spotlight September 30, 2009
- Community Spotlight 5-13-2009
- Community Spotlight July 8, 2009
- Community Spotlight August 26, 2009
- Community Spotlight October 7, 2009
- Community Spotlight October 14, 2009
- Community Spotlight October 21, 2009