Family Spotlight 5/13/10 "Facts of Life"
It made for sensational headlines and enormous heartache in a town in Georgia. Three small girls claimed a schoolteacher had molested them during a sleepover.
But the children's testimony was inconsistent--and one had played the character of a sex abuse victim in a stage production. Their parents also had a falling out with the teacher, perhaps coloring their response to what the girls had to say.
Ultimately, however, the teacher was acquitted.
So, how can parents separate reality from fantasy?
In the Family Spotlight, Eboni Baugh, Ph.D., an Assistant Professor of Family Life at U-F, shares with TV 20's David Snyder how parents talk to their children about their privacy...and at what age.
- Family Spotlight 9/16/10 "Spice For Life"
- "Pals for Life" Saved a Life
- Billionaire Buys Out "Way Of Life"
- "5 Points of Life" Marathon & Relay
- "Relay for Life" around North Central Florida
- UF Students "Design" New Life For Migrant Family
- "Family Spotlight" 9/1/11 "Shelter From The Storm"
- Family Spotlight 7/15/10 "Fatherless Families"
- Family Spotlight 11/4/10 "Seasonal Jobs For Families"
- Family Spotlight 11/11/10 "Military Families"