Family Spotlight 6/24/10 "Burn Victim Massages"
Close families often subscribe to the adage that "if you rub my back, I'll rub yours." But some people can benefit from a massage more than others. It turns out, burn victims like the kids who attend "Camp Amigo" every year are getting some special treatment that makes their lives a lot better. Its as specialized as a medical diagnosis and as simple as a backrub. In the Family Spotlight, Nancy Keeney Smith, a Licensed Massage Therapist explains to TV 20's David Snyder how she first understood the benefits of a massage for burn victims.
Smith runs the Happy Plus Foundation: www.happyplusfoundation.com
- Medical Spotlight 7/12/10 "Burning with Gas"
- More Counties Issue "Burn Bans" in North Central Florida
- Family Spotlight 7/7/11 "Taekwondo Champ Fights For Cancer Victims"
- "A Pillar in the Community." A Fire Victim's Family Speaks Out
- "Family Spotlight" 9/1/11 "Shelter From The Storm"
- Family Spotlight 10/20/11 "Gold Star Families Honored"
- Family Spotlight 8/18/11 "US Debt Crisis and Families"
- Family Spotlight 7/15/10 "Fatherless Families"
- Family Spotlight 11/4/10 "Seasonal Jobs For Families"
- Family Spotlight 11/11/10 "Military Families"