Ask a Vet: Be A Great Pet Parent
Doctor Tecla Myrick is here today talking about pet parenting skills. Owning a pet is fantastic but just like children, our pets need us to take care of them.
If your pets are kept outdoors, make sure they always have fresh food and water and shelter to get out of the cold and rain. Below are a list of things you should keep in mind when caring for your pet.
Be sure they have yearly veterinary visits
They are up to date on parasite control and appropriate vaccinations
Have your pets spayed and neutered to control pet overpopulation
A proper ID in case they get lost (collar, tag and microchip)
Be sure that they get enough evercise and attention
And lastly, make sure you'll be able to care for them for life!
For further information please contact Dr. Myrick at 352-264-687
Joining Dr. Myrick today was:
My name is Cricket and I am a male Domestic SH mix.
I have been at the shelter since January 14, 2014.
- Ask a Vet: Preparing Your Pet for Fireworks
- Ask a Vet: Summer Safety With Your Pets
- Ask A Vet: Spay And Neuter Your Pets
- 7/3/12 Ask a Vet: Microchips for Pets
- Ask a Vet: Protecting Pets During A Hurricane
- Ask a Vet: How To Protect Against Heartworms
- 7/17/12 Ask A Vet: Spaying and Neutering
- Ask a Vet: 2/19/2013
- Ask a Vet: Intestinal Parasites And How To Prevent Them
- Ask a Vet: Training Kitty To Use The Litterbox