Ask a Vet: Protecting Pets During A Hurricane
Hurricane and Natural Disaster Preparedness:
- Do not leave your pet. Take them with you (need a carrier, collar with ID, rabies tag, and microchip).
- Put gas in your car.
- Have enough food and meds for several weeks.
- Also have bowls, a leash, towels, blankets, toys, and proof of vaccinations.
- Know the evacuation routes and leave EARLY (don't get stuck in traffic).
- Make sure the place you are going is pet friendly!
My name is Jerry and I am a neutered male brown tabby Domestic SH / Mix.
The shelter staff thinks I am about two months old.
I have been at the shelter since May 28, 2014.
For more information, call
(352)264-6870 or visit
- Ask a Vet: How To Protect Against Heartworms
- Ask a Vet: Preparing Your Pet for Fireworks
- 7/3/12 Ask a Vet: Microchips for Pets
- Ask a Vet: Keeping Pets Safe Around Holiday Foods
- Ask A Vet: Grooming and the Best Pet Foods
- Ask A Vet: Foods Toxic To Pets
- Ask a Vet: Pet Dental Health 02-14-17
- Ask a Vet: Summer Safety With Your Pets
- Ask a Vet: Spay And Neuter Your Pets
- Ask A Vet: 2/2/2016