Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
WCJB TV20, serving the Gainesville/Ocala/Lake City, FL market, has an opening for a Sports Director to manage our 2-person sports department. This is not a Monday-Friday job! WCJB TV20 has a strong brand for our high school football coverage. Sports Overtime is our Friday night high school football segment. We have as many as 10 shooters providing highlights for this broadcast. Our SD also shoots that night as well as producing and anchoring the broadcast. You'll be helping young sports journalists develop along the way, including our weekend Sports Anchor/Multimedia Journalist.Our new SD will also take charge of TV20 Sports on wcjb.com. Our brand is multi-platform, and so are you! Come lead the #1 sports team in North Central Florida!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchoring the 6pm and 11pm sportscasts Monday – Friday
• Being a working sports reporter, working as an MMJ to cover local sports stories of importance to our community
• Travel often to big Gator sports events, like bowl games, NCAA tournament appearances, and potentially to Omaha to see the new College World Series champs defend their title
• Strong writing and journalism skills are a must for this role
• Ability to shoot, edit (Final Cut X)
• Able to run a Dejero live kit
• Previous experience writing for web and broadcast is required
• Eligible candidates must have 3 years of experience in a sports anchor role
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please email resume, cover letter, and link to reel to:
Interim News Director
6220 NW 43rd Street
Gainesville, FL 32653
Or email email@example.com