Family Spotlight 5/19/11 "A Recipe for Families"
We've long been told that families that eat meals together benefit by improving communication and growing closer. What about the families that prepare meals together?
Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri is leading one initiative to get children active in the kitchen--and to do more than wash the dishes!
In the Family Spotlight, Executive Chef Briton Dumas of Embers Wood Grill explains to TV 20's David Snyder the value he finds in family members cooking together.
Family Fun Spring Rolls (serves four)
by Executive Chef Briton Dumas of Embers Wood Grill
½ each Carrot-Julienned
½ each Mango-Julienned
½ Red Onion - Julienned
½ Red and Yellow Peppers- Julienned
1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
Juice from ½ lime
¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of cayenne (optional)
Place all ingredients in mixing bowl. Toss to coat.
2 lbs of cooked shrimp- chopped
Rice paper wrappers
Soak rice papers in water for 5 seconds or until pliable. Remove from water and slightly blot with paper towel to remove excess water.
Place 2 oz (approximately a hand full) of vegetable mix with 2 tablespoons of chopped shrimp in each rice paper length wise. Fold in ends and roll burrito style. Slice in half and serve.
- Family Spotlight 5/19/11 Family Fun Spring Rolls Recipe
- Family Spotlight 7/15/10 "Fatherless Families"
- Family Spotlight 11/4/10 "Seasonal Jobs For Families"
- Family Spotlight 11/11/10 "Military Families"
- Family Spotlight 1/27/11 "Military Families"
- Family Spotlight 2/24/11 "Firefighter Families"
- Family Spotlight 8/18/11 "US Debt Crisis and Families"
- "A Pillar in the Community." A Fire Victim's Family Speaks Out
- "A Night of Safe Celebration for Corey"
- "Family Spotlight" 9/1/11 "Shelter From The Storm"