Publix Supermarkets is offering several antibiotics for free in Florida.Â Customers with or without health insurance can now get free prescriptions for 7 commonly used antibiotics, with free refills as well. Â
Governor Charlie Crist is happy about the program and what it will mean to Floridians.Â "I'm overwhelmed by this announcement. This is great stuff. It is 'ginormous,' as we would say. I have no idea what the magnitude of the dollar value of it is, but I can tell you this. How much this means to Floridians is hard to put into terms because it's just amazing that a corporation would be this generous."
Publix admits it's free antibiotic program is part of an effort to increase at its in-store pharmacies. But the grocery store chain says the program is a permanent one, and there is no limit to the number of times you can refill your prescription for free.
- Are Antibiotics Necessary for Sinus Infections?
- Your Health: Antibiotics
- Your Health: Fighting Antibiotic Resistance
- Popular Antibiotic Could Be A Health Risk
- Children Taking Fewer Antibiotics but More ADHD Medication
- CDC Says Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Increasing
- Antibiotic Resistant Illness
- Free fitness apps not measuring up to standards
- Your Health: Gluten-Free Recipes
- Eye Doctors Offer Free Screenings for Three Different Diseases