Â Â Â When Autumn Watson feels
sleepy during the work day, she takes a nap -- not on a couch in her
office, but in something called an "Alpha Pod" at a spa in
Â Â Â â€œI come here to kind of
unwind, kind of get a break from the hustle and bustle at the office
during the day. Comfortable? I am.â€
Â Â Â Tremayne Perry takes a
brief snooze in the so-called "Energy Pod."
Â Â Â â€œIt sounds weird to
sleep to get energy but I just need something to refresh myself to
finish the day.â€
Â Â Â The sessions aren't cheap:
$14 for a 20 minute nap.
Â Â Â â€œInitially, I was
somewhat skeptical. You're paying for something you can do at home
Â Â Â Sleep Specialist David
Schulman is also a bit skeptical.
Â Â Â â€œI think it's a
misconception to believe that paying for a nap is any better than a
nap without paying for it. If you can get a quiet location where you
can rest for 20-30 minutes, that's probably sufficient.â€
Â Â Â And, probably easier on
- Support for Legalizing Marijuana at All-Time High
- Finding time to workout after having a child
- Sick Teenager Finds Time to Live up to his Dreams
- Medical Spotlight 8/9/10 "Heart Attack Response Time"
- Interview with Dr. Steven Roark about Heart Attack Treatment Time
- A Woman Beats the Odds Multiple Times
- Emergency Room Waiting Times
- Organization breaks down boundaries one climb at a time
- One little boy is seeing the world straight for the first time
- Timely Justice Act Not Timely Enough for Death Row Inmate