Â Â Â Rob
Sandler couldn't wait for his son Asher to be born. But he says his
feelings changed not long after the birth. It became a quite
overwhelming feeling. Sandler says he felt like a lot of loss of
control of his life. It turned out Sandler was suffering from a form
of Postpartum Depression. This comes as quite a shock to men who
were expecting, you know, this wonderful time of baby bliss.
Â Â Â Psychotherapist
Will Courtenay, founder of Sad Daddy.com, says men often feel
increased financial stress after the birth of a child. Courtenay says
if you add in a lack of sleep and hormonal changes, it's a recipe for
depression. It's a double whammy. Not only do men's testosterone
levels go down but the estrogen levels go up. And these female
hormones coursing through a man's body can really wreck havoc on a
Â Â Â Courtenay
recommends getting professional help. That's just what Rob Sandler
did. He received therapy and started taking anti-depressants and now
can't wait to spend time with his baby. Sandler says it's night and
day how he feels but is sure that's only going to get better as his
son gets older.
- Man Kills Dad Outside of Day Care
- Fishing With Dad
- Dad's Lunch at Irby Elementary
- What Does Dad Mean to You?
- Ducks Visit Dads at Kirby Family Farm
- Kirby Family Farm's Dad's Day (and Ducks too..)
- Did A Dad Go Too Far When He Allegedly Threatened his Daughter's Bullies?
- Ideas From the Design Diva for Dads and Teachers
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Navy Dad Surprises Teen at High School Graduation