Chef Cooks Healthy Meals for the Elderly
Chef Bob Brinson provides meals and peace of mind to baby boomers.
"They are looking for a good nutritious meal. At least one meal a day for their parents," Chef Brinson said.
Unlike Meals on Wheels, which provides for those with financial need, this service helps seniors with enough income to live independently, but who need cooking help. Some may have lost a spouse, others have health issues.
Chef Brinson cooks, freezes and delivers to their door. He says the vegetables, meats and sauces he uses are all fresh.
Client Ann Albino has relatives who are physically unable to get around in the kitchen.
"I thought this is the perfect answer to my problem," Albino said.
Brinson delivers meals to Albino's mother and aunt who live next door. Both women are in their 90s and have high blood pressure. A busy work schedule left Albino little time to cook.
"They're tasty, but they're not spicy. He's very careful about using any additives like salt," Albino said.
As our population ages, more and more boomers are helping to care for aging parents. For Albino, knowing her loved ones are getting a good meal reduces what's on her busy plate.
Bob Brinson's company is Gourmet Innovations, located in Atlanta. You can look at some sample meals on his website at www.gourmetinnovationsinc.com.
- Your Health Interview: Meal Makeovers
- Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 11/5/12 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Smoothies
- 1/14/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Vacation
- 1/21/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Cruising
- Steps Parents Should Take to Ensure Kids Stay Healthy
- Summer Shape Up: Healthy Cookout Ideas
- Making School Lunches Healthy
- Healthy Habits Ward Off Disease
- 5/27/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Indulgence