Recovering from a Stroke
A stroke can strike quickly and unexpectedly, and it often leaves its victim with speech problems, impaired motor skills, or even paralysis.
As Melissa Long reports in the Health Minute video to your right, a combination of therapies including a new program that is patient directed is helping stroke patients recover from these effects.
- Act FAST: Learn the Signs of a Stroke
- Heat Stroke Safety
- TV20 Interviews Shands Stroke Program Coordinator
- Medical Spotlight 4/4/11 "Comprehensive Stroke Care"
- Medical Spotlight 9/26/11 "Stroke Treatment Study"
- Interview with Dr. Amit Rawal About Stroke Treatments
- Chief Justice Recovering
- Advanced Cooling Therapy Used In Recovery From Drowning, Cardiac Arrest
- Protecting Yourself from the Flu
- 11/4/13 Fitzness Minute: From workouts to work