Yoga Proves Beneficial for Kids and Teens
Yoga isn't just for adults, some types are designed specifically for young people.
The young people in this video do a little rocking, a little stretching and learn new ways to breathe.
And they learn how to strengthen their muscles, too.
"I need to do yoga so my muscles can grow," said student Harrison Fletcher.
Instructor Cheryl Crawford says that whether you're a beginner or more experienced, yoga first builds strength and flexibility and then when you have the balance of strength and flexibility, that's when you're calm.
What separates yoga from any other form of exercise is the constant awareness of your breath and just by moving with your breath, that just starts to get you grounded.
- Yoga for Elementary School Kids
- Yoga poses for National Yoga Month
- Your Health Report: Is Yoga Dangerous?
- Your Health: Basics of Yoga
- Your Fitness: Yoga Poses
- Yoga poses you can do at home
- Your Health: Prenatal Yoga
- Your Fitness: Yoga De-Stress Exercises
- Teens Brings Backpacks to Kids
- Medical Spotlight: Kids ER VIsits