Medical Spotlight 4/19/10 "Matching Stem Cell Donors"
Stem cell transplants can save the lives of people with blood cancer. Its much more difficult, however, to find the proper match between donor and recipient if the patient is an ethnic minority. Research here in North Central Florida is expanding the number of donors who can give their marrow to a recipient.
In the Medical Spotlight, Chris Cogle, M.D., an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Florida tells TV 20's David Snyder how researchers are finding a way to use donors who are a "half match" with recipients.
- Medical Spotlight 4/12/10 "Cord Blood Stem Cells"
- Medical Spotlight 6/13/11 "Regenerating Brain Cells"
- Medical Spotlight: National Blood Donor Month
- Medical Spotlight 6/27/11 "New Pediatric ER"
- Medical Spotlight 7/4/11 "Heart Replacement Testing"
- Medical Spotlight 7/11/11 "Parathyroid Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 7/18/11 "Liver Cancer Treatment"
- Medical Spotlight 7/25/11 "Back Pain"
- Medical Spotlight 8/8/11 "Band Over Bypass"
- Medical Spotlight 8/15/11 "Keeping Your Brain In Shape"