Medical Spotlight 4/26/10 "Robotic Gastric Bypass Surgery"
Its a type of surgery that's not hard to swallow...but gastric bypass procedures carry a certain amount of risk. Surgeons hope a robotic surgical procedure that has only recently been introduced to North Central Florida will make it safer.
In the Medical Spotlight , Jeff Rose, M.D. of North Florida Regional Medical Center explains to TV 20's David Snyder, why using the da Vinci robotic surgical system is the latest step forward in bariatric surgery, and why it might be safer than more invasive procedures.
- Medical Spotlight 5/2/11 "Robotic Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 7/11/11 "Parathyroid Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 11/29/10 "Statins Before Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 1/3/11 "Qualifying For Lap Band Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 4/25/11 "Pelvic Prolapse Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 8/8/11 "Band Over Bypass"
- Medical Spotlight 7/26/10 "Lung Surgery By Video"
- Your Health: The 'Gastric Sleeve' Bariatric Surgery
- Medical Spotlight: Single-Site Surgery
- Medical Spotlight: Makoplasty Adds Precision to Knee Replacement Surgery