NASA is dealing with critical cooling unit issue onboard Int'l Space Station.
Medical Spotlight 5/24/10 "Youth Sports Injuries"
For many children, little league sports can be dangerous. As many as two million young athletes are injured every year in youth sports programs. From famous athletes such as Bart Starr and Renaldo Nehemiah to national medical organizations such as the American Orthopeadic Society for Sports Medicine, many of the heavyweights in the world of sports medicine are calling the problem an "epidemic." They are banding together to show people how to keep kids safe.
One way they are spreading the message is with a website with practical guidelines: www.stopsportsinjuries.org .
In the Medical Spotlight, Peter Indelicato, M.D., the head team physician for the University Athletic Association at UF, tells TV 20's David Snyder why he thinks its important for parents to make sure their children do not just play one sport.
- Medical Spotlight 3/29/10 "Incontinence Sling"
- Medical Spotlight 4/12/10 "Cord Blood Stem Cells"
- Medical Spotlight 4/19/10 "Matching Stem Cell Donors"
- Medical Spotlight 4/26/10 "Robotic Gastric Bypass Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/3/10 "Nursing Shortage"
- Medical Spotlight 5/10/10 "Brain Tumor Treatment"
- Medical Spotlight 5/17/10 "Airstrip OB"
- Medical Spotlight 5/31/10 "Duchenne Research"
- Medical Spotlight 6/7/10 "Nanoknife"
- Medical Spotlight 6/14/10 "Summer Mishaps"