Medical Spotlight 5/31/10 "Duchenne Research"
Its a disease that attacks small boys--and usually kills them by the age of 20. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is the most common type of muscular dystrophy. There's no cure for it but researchers in North Central Florida have just received some major cash to take a big step forward.
In the Medical Spotlight, Krista Vandenborne, Ph.D., Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Florida, tells TV 20's David Snyder how researchers hope Magnetic Resonance Imaging will give them a clearer picture of how to fight Duchenne.
- Medical Spotlight 1/24/11 "Hemophilia Research"
- Medical Spotlight: One Florida Clinical Research Consortium
- Medical Spotlight 2/14/11 "Life's Simple 7"
- Medical Spotlight 2/28/11 "Sudden Death Episodes"
- Medical Spotlight 3/14/11 "High Tech Colonoscopies"
- Medical Spotlight 3/28/11 "Single Incision Hysterectomy"
- Medical Spotlight 4/4/11 "Comprehensive Stroke Care"
- Medical Spotlight 4/11/11 "Understanding Breast Cancer Treatment"
- Medical Spotlight 4/18/11 "Alcohol Abuse"
- Medical Spotlight 4/25/11 "Pelvic Prolapse Surgery"