Medical Spotlight 8/22/11 "Depression"
Here's one more way that men and women are different.
According to a study just published in the Journal of Abnormal Psychology...women more often internalize their emotions, leading to a higher rate of depression.
And while there seems to be an ever- growing number of medications on the market -- is that the best way to treat depression?
In the Medical Spotlight, Elias Sarkis, M.D., founder of Sarkis Clinical Trials in northwest Gainesville explains to TV 20's David snyder the latest about the causes--and triggers--of depression.
- Medical Spotlight: Holiday Depression
- Medical Spotlight: Postpartum Depression
- Medical Spotlight: Avoiding the Holiday Blues
- Medical Spotlight 2/7/11 "Diagnosing Heart Attacks"
- Medical Spotlight 2/14/11 "Life's Simple 7"
- Medical Spotlight 2/28/11 "Sudden Death Episodes"
- Medical Spotlight 3/14/11 "High Tech Colonoscopies"
- Medical Spotlight 3/28/11 "Single Incision Hysterectomy"
- Medical Spotlight 4/4/11 "Comprehensive Stroke Care"
- Medical Spotlight 4/11/11 "Understanding Breast Cancer Treatment"