Medical Spotlight 8/29/11 "Treating Eating Disorders"
Eating poorly can be not only unhealthy, but deadly.
Experts tell us eating disorders are the leading cause of mortality among mental health disorders.
Recognizing the danger, doctors are launching a new treatment and research program in North Central Florida.
In the Medical Spotlight, Kevin Wandler, M.D., Medical Director of the Eating Disorder Recovery Center at UF tells TV 20's David Snyder how the new program is designed to help people identify their problem and get some help.
For more information, call (352) 265-5481 or cut and paste: Shands.org/EDRC
- Medical Spotlight 5/16/11 "Treating Movement Disorders"
- SweetBerries "Treat for Treat"
- Medical Spotlight: New Advances in Treating Coronary Blockages
- Medical Spotlight 3/29/10 "Incontinence Sling"
- Medical Spotlight 4/12/10 "Cord Blood Stem Cells"
- Medical Spotlight 4/19/10 "Matching Stem Cell Donors"
- Medical Spotlight 4/26/10 "Robotic Gastric Bypass Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/3/10 "Nursing Shortage"
- Medical Spotlight 5/10/10 "Brain Tumor Treatment"
- Medical Spotlight 5/17/10 "Airstrip OB"