Diet Soda is Bad for Your Health
There is some potentially bad news for diet soda drinkers.
A new study found a 43% greater risk of stroke or heart attack for people who drank a can of diet soda a day; compared to people who didn't drink any.
The study by The University of Miami and Columbia University followed more than 2,500 people over a decade.
Researchers say they found a potential association, but they don't know the exact cause.
The study appears in The Journal of General Internal Medicine.
- Heart Health Tip: Watch Your Cholesterol
- Too Much Salt for Most Americans
- Women's Health Handbook Part 3: Tips for the 40's
- Help for High Blood Pressure
- 10/22/12 Fitzness Minute: Make Halloween about Fun, not Food
- 11/5/12 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Smoothies
- 11/19/12 Fitzness Minute: Holiday Survival Guide
- 12/10/12 Fitzness Minute: Holiday Baking Tips
- 12/31/12 Fitzness: Apps to Help you Meet New Year's Goals
- 1/7/13 Fitzness Minute: Weighted Stability Ball