North Florida Offers Free Colonoscopy
Digestive Disease Associates and North Florida Endoscopy Center are giving away free screening colonoscopies for the third year in a row. 31 will be granted this year, one for each day during March, Colon Cancer Awareness Month.
Criteria are: you must be 50 years old and have lost your job and be without health insurance.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), colon cancer screening remains underused, despite the availability of effective screening tests.
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in in the United States with both sexes.
Those interested in the program and may believe they are eligible are encouraged to call the toll-free line of Consult-a-Nurse at 800-611-6913.
- Opportunity for Free Colonoscopies in March
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Program Combats Growing Infectious Disease Problem
- Alachua County Schools to Offer Free Flu Vaccines
- Program Offers Free Tax Help
- Four Schools Offer Free After School Program
- Free Phones offered through State Program
- Marion County To Offer Free H1N1 Vaccines to Residents
- Libraries Offering Free Homework Help
- Free Swimming Lessons Offered to Residents
- Yoho Visits North Florida Regional Medical Center