North Florida Offers Free Colonoscopy
Digestive Disease Associates and North Florida Endoscopy Center are giving away free screening colonoscopies for the third year in a row. 31 will be granted this year, one for each day during March, Colon Cancer Awareness Month.
Criteria are: you must be 50 years old and have lost your job and be without health insurance.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), colon cancer screening remains underused, despite the availability of effective screening tests.
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in in the United States with both sexes.
Those interested in the program and may believe they are eligible are encouraged to call the toll-free line of Consult-a-Nurse at 800-611-6913.
- Opportunity for Free Colonoscopies in March
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Program Combats Growing Infectious Disease Problem
- New Technology Offers Surgery Without Scars
- Eye Doctors Offer Free Screenings for Three Different Diseases
- Lung Transplants Offer New Hope For Some Cystic Fibrosis Patients
- Yoho Visits North Florida Regional Medical Center
- "Relay for Life" around North Central Florida
- High Pollen Count in North Central Florida Likely Due to Tree "Masting"
- Retina Specialty Institute Offering Free Screenings For Retinal Diseases
- Your Health: Gluten-Free Recipes