D'Aisha Porter Passes Away
Her strength and style were and inspiration to her family, school, and community.
This morning, that same family, school, and community are mourning the death of D'Aisha Porter.
We have covered D'Aisha's story over the past two years - a fight against the rare but deadly cancer called Clear Cell Sarcoma.
In March, virtually the entire population of Mebane Middle School wore pink and displayed special bracelets to benefit D'Aisha and her family.
We understand from her friends that she passed away Tuesday, less than a week after the end of the school year.
D'Aisha Porter was 13 years old.
- Car wash for D'Aisha Porter
- Funeral of D'Aisha Porter
- D'Aisha Porter Battles Cancer With Support of Community
- Parkinson's Disease and Depression
- A Community Mourns The Death of Two Bradford High School Teens
- Former Alachua County Sheriff Joe Crevasse Passes Away at Age 96
- High Springs Dog With Extremely Rare Condition Passes Away
- Community Advocate Passes Away
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- Melrose Teen Battles Rare Disease