Sheriff's Office, DEA Hold Drug Take Back Day
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla - Turn in prescription drugs, no questions asked. That was the promise this weekend as the Alachua County Sheriff's Office and the Drug Enforcement Administration teamed up with Walgreens for another drug take back day.
This gives residents the opportunity to help in preventing pill abuse and theft in Alachua County by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous prescription drugs and dropping them off with the deputies.
Last year Americans turned in more than 300,000 pounds of prescription drugs nationwide.
- Alachua County Drug Take Back Day
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- ASO Captain Keith Vermillion Suspended
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault