Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather
Strong storms that rolled through parts of North Central Florida on Monday, didn't make it very easy for people who were already cleaning up after this weekend's severe weather.
In fact, one Gainesville resident is feeling lucky to be safe after a tree came down on her property.
The strong storms are to blame for Kat Drawdy's car damage.
Drawdy was just getting home when wind and rain caused this tree to collapse right on her car.
This is the second time the same tree fell on her property, three years ago a branch broke off and fell right into her living room.
In both cases no one was injured, but Kat Drawdy reminds others, "Keep your trees trimmed and if you don't own your house, if you rent your house, insist that your landlord get it done."
Arborists recommend fertilizing trees to keep them healthy and less prone to falling over.
- Gainesville Residents Continue To Clean Up After Weekend Storms
- Gainesville Residents Clean Up Damage From Severe Storms
- City Of Gainesville Hosting Several Spring Time Events
- Severe Weather From The Southwest To The Northeast
- Residents Recovering After Four-Car Crash
- Severe Weather After Isaac
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars After Stabbing a Woman
- Gainesville Man Arrested After Stabbing Father