Marion County Sheriffs Upgrade Stun Guns
Published May 12th, 2014
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is getting an upgrade after having to originally discontinue their stun guns.
The Sheriff's Office canceled their electronic weapons use in early February after Karbon arms was sued for copyright infringement.
Now the weapons have been replaced.
A total of 186 stun guns were purchased from TASER international along with batteries, holsters and two cartridges.
The total bill for the tasers, over two-hundred and thirty thousand dollars.
- Marion County Sheriff Requests Extra Money for Budget
- 11th Suspicious Letter Received in Marion County
- Deputies Forced to Stop Using Stun Guns
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Promotes Gun Safety, Raises Money
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Arrests 10 In "Operation Spring Cleaning"
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate