Marion County Sheriffs Upgrade Stun Guns
Published May 12th, 2014
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is getting an upgrade after having to originally discontinue their stun guns.
The Sheriff's Office canceled their electronic weapons use in early February after Karbon arms was sued for copyright infringement.
Now the weapons have been replaced.
A total of 186 stun guns were purchased from TASER international along with batteries, holsters and two cartridges.
The total bill for the tasers, over two-hundred and thirty thousand dollars.
- Deputies Forced to Stop Using Stun Guns
- MCSO Shooting
- Williston Man Exchanges Gunfire with MCSO SWAT Team
- MCSO launches crime notification system for businesses
- MCSO Increases Amount of Assets Seized from Criminal Suspects
- MCSO Warns of "Buckin"
- Judge Rules MCSO Deputies Used Excessive Force on Joshua Salvato, Grants Wrongful Death Award
- MCSO deputy slated as DPD interim police chief
- MCSO: Sergeant, man shot during standoff
- Former MCSO deputy on trial