Principal of the Year from North Florida
Published June 13th, 2014
The Florida Association of School Administrators just named their principal of the year, and it is West Port High's own Jayne Ellspermann.
In her past nine years at West Port, she has helped raise their test scores to new heights.
Ellspermann also has been fundamental in bringing a "power hour" to the school, which helps students make informed choices about clubs and activities.
Since coming to the school, she has also started a program that helps students earn their associates degree before they graduate high school.
Currently, West Port has the highest test scores in the district.
- North Central Florida Schools Rank High On FCAT
- Gun At West Port
- West Port Senior Killed in Crash
- North Marion Baseball Blanks West Port
- Forest Whips West Port 59-14, North Marion and Trinity Catholic Also Home Winners
- New Principals Appointed at Local Elementary and Middle Schools
- Four Alachua County Schools Get New Principals
- Third Annual Empty Bowls Event Fighting Hunger in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Man Arrested For Domestic Battery
- Veteran North Central Florida Town Commissioner Suspended