Purple Flower Attracting Visitors In Paynes Prairie
The flower, called pickerelweed, can be found from Eastern Canada all the way to Argentina.
It is an aquatic plant that grows three to four feet tall and can be found in shallow freshwater.
The nectar of the flower attracts insects, including bees and butterflies.
Pickerelweed blooms all year in Florida.
- Paynes Prairie Bison Roundup Sparks Controversy
- Busted Ecstasy Lab Still Attracting Visitors
- Paynes Prairie Bison
- Paynes Prairie Bison Removal
- Driver Found in Paynes Prairie
- Paynes Prairie's Future
- Paynes Prairie Bison - One Year Later
- Invasive Plants Threatening Native Vegetation on Payne's Prairie
- Paynes Prairie Warning Sign Complaints
- Paynes Prairie Project Almost Complete