Fire at Gainesville Dollar General
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - A building fire at a Dollar General in Gainesville on Monday gave quite a scare to some employees.
The fire started at the back of the store on the 2400th block of Hawthorne Road.
Crews were alerted when the general manager of the store saw some cardboard burning in the back.
Fire Rescue arrived around 5:00 p.m. and put the fire out after everyone in the store was evacuated safely.
Lieutenant Don Campball from Gainesville Fire Rescue stated, "Some cardboard boxes near the dumpster on the rear of the structure were on fire but they were really close to the structure, the fire was starting to burn up the side of the building. They extinguished the fire before it extended into the business."
Officials are investigating how the fire started.
- Another Dollar General robbed in Ocala
- Melrose residents, business owners oppose possible Dollar General construction
- Dollar General Robbed In Ocala
- Gainesville man burned in boat fire
- Gainesville Fire and Rescue tips for this 4th of July
- Dryer fire at Gainesville laundromat
- General Norman Schwarzkopf Dead at 78
- Man Accused of Rape in Downtown Gainesville Being Held on a Five Million Dollar Bond
- Gainesville Bookstores Saving Students Millions of Dollars
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville