Fire at Gainesville Dollar General
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - A building fire at a Dollar General in Gainesville on Monday gave quite a scare to some employees.
The fire started at the back of the store on the 2400th block of Hawthorne Road.
Crews were alerted when the general manager of the store saw some cardboard burning in the back.
Fire Rescue arrived around 5:00 p.m. and put the fire out after everyone in the store was evacuated safely.
Lieutenant Don Campball from Gainesville Fire Rescue stated, "Some cardboard boxes near the dumpster on the rear of the structure were on fire but they were really close to the structure, the fire was starting to burn up the side of the building. They extinguished the fire before it extended into the business."
Officials are investigating how the fire started.
- Dollar General in Marion County robbed for the second time
- Dollar General store robbed for second time
- Breaking News: Another Marion County Dollar General robbed
- New details in Dollar General robbery
- Dollar General Arrest
- Another Dollar General robbed in Ocala
- Dollar General robbed twice in Ocala worries residents
- Gunmen tape workers during Dollar General store robbery
- Melrose residents, business owners oppose possible Dollar General construction
- Dollar General Robbed In Ocala