Five Hospitalized For Bad Batch Of Cocaine
A bad batch of cocaine is being blamed for several hospitalizations in east Williston.
According to the Levy County Sheriff's Office, a total of nine people are suspected of having ingested the bad batch. Five people were taken to the hospital last night while two refused treatment and two more left the scene.
Several complaints of four men, ranging in age from 30 to 60, and one woman in her 30s foaming at the mouth and having violent seizures were reported.
Officials say they don't know what the cocaine was laced with but it caused serious injury.
The sheriff's office is looking for a person known as "Minute" but there is no description of the man.
No update yet on the current condition of the five people taken to the hospital.
- Missing Levy County man found alive in Chicago hospital
- Cocaine Arrest
- Man Attempts to Swallow Drugs During Bust
- Gilchrist County drug bust
- UF's Large Animal Hospital Puts Out Horse Owner Alert: "Bad EPM Drug"
- Five Marion County Sheriff's Deputies Suspended
- Three Arrested for Grand Theft in Levy County
- Levy County Holds 2nd Annual Public Safety Expo
- Plans for a New Power Plant in Levy County
- Levy County Man Arrested for Making a Destructive Device