GPD Captain Retires
GAINESVILLE, Fla.- Monday was a day to say goodbye to one of the highest profile law enforcement officers in North Central Florida.
Colleagues and friends gathered for a retirement ceremony yesterday for Gainesville Police Captain Lonnie Scott. Scott served 29 years at GPD.
Many prominent members of the community, as well as friends and family came to celebrate his service to Gainesville.
However, Scott is not leaving law enforcement behind.
Instead he will become a Major in the Tallahassee police force and says he is thankful for the opportunities Gainesville gave him.
- GPD Captain Lynne Benck Retires
- GPD Captain retires after 30 years
- Captain William Halvosa Retires After Thirty Years
- G.P.D. Captain Resigns Under Scrutiny
- ASO Captain Keith Vermillion Suspended
- Retired GPD Officer
- GPD Officer Retires
- Retired Florida Fire Captain Killed in Virginia Plane Crash
- GPD Releases Sketch Of "Serial Streamer"
- GPD Recognizes Officers And Citizens