Local Lifesouth Blood Centers Hoping For Increase In Donations
Lifesouth is now accepting donations from people with hereditary hemochromatosis, a genetic high iron disorder in the blood.
Patients with this disorder have blood removed as treatment.
If done at a doctors office, the blood is thrown away.
The blood is not a health risk for anyone who receives a transfusion because the disease is hereditary.
- Blood donations needed before the storm
- "5 Points of Life" Marathon & Relay
- LifeSouth Keeps Tax Exemption
- Blood Banks Need Donations
- Blood Donations Down In Marion County
- Marion County Man Donates 125 Gallons of Blood
- American Red Cross Seeking Donations For Victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Donations Requested for Coat Drive
- Ocala Police Looking for Goodwill Donation Thief
- Gainesville Family Donates To Hospital