University Corners Pushed Back
GAINESVILLE, Fla.- The corner of 13th Street and University Avenue in Gainesville may be some prime real estate, but this morning, it's even further from being primed for development.
University Corners would be a $170 million project.
The ten-story building would include a hotel, parking garage, apartments, and retail stores.
But issues with purchasing the land pushed the completion date back a full year.
The project has encountered delays while the developers negotiate the terms of the sale of the property with the land owner.
The developers were working for a completion date of 2016 but that has now been changed to 2017.
- University Corners Developer Requests Tax Rebate
- Debate Continues Over "University Corners" Project
- Land Developer Awaits City Decision on University Corners Project
- Santa Fe pushing safety over spring break
- Judge Denies Zimmerman Deffense Motion to Push Back Trial Date
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- Pedro Bravo Trial Pushed Back Again
- Marion Commissioners Push Back Water Issue
- Death row inmate Wayne Doty's request for electric chair is pushed back
- UF Creates Brain Drone