Herman Cain Stops by Gainesville
GAINESVILLE--Another nationally notable face in the political circuit made a stop in Gainesville Thursday.
And as part of the College Truth Tour-- Herman Cain says there are three barriers to achieving the American dream.
The former republican presidential hopeful and Godfather's Pizza CEO led the event after an introduction from district three congressional candidate Ted Yoho.
Cain explained what the three obstacles are that are turning the American dream into a nightmare.
Cain said, "The economy, number two energy, those are the barriers to your dreams, number three spending. debt...16 trillion dollars."
Cain proposed several methods of overcoming these barriers-- including reforming the tax code, utilizing American energy resources, and cutting spending.
Cain then led the crowd in song-- including "Believe in Yourself" by Donna Summer.
The "College Truth Tour" is in the midst of visiting 30 campuses in 14 states.
- Republican Event Kickoff Party Lineup Announced
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Tea Party's Yoho A Major Upset in Florida
- Republicans Await Returns in Two Southern States
- McCain Calls for US to Lead on Syria Airstrikes
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- As Election Nears, Some Voters Grow Tired of Constant Political Ads
- McCain Veteran Victory Bus Stops In Gainesville
- Romney Seeks Tea Party Votes, Satorum Hunts Cash