Holiday Lighting Precautions
It's that time of the year again... time to get outside and put up those Christmas Lights.
However those pretty lights can lead to a pretty big headache if you don't take the proper precautions.
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, there are nearly 250 christmas tree fires, and 14 fire related deaths due to Christmas tree fires.
Many of these fires could have been avoided - some simply just by reading through the directions.
"One thing for sure is that you want to make sure you have the appropriate light for what you're using. There's indoor lighting and outdoor lighting. If you are using them outside, make sure you have the ones that are approved for outdoor use." -Tracey Higdon, Lieutenant Fire Engine 1
Decorators are reminded to not nail or staple outdoor lights; but rather use the intended hooking device for the lights.
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Raises Safety Wreaths for the Holidays
- Christmas Lights Spread Holiday Cheer In Alachua
- Mild Winter Impacting Maple Syrup Season
- Christmas Light Show
- Woman Rescued From Burning Home
- Burning Rescue In Columbia County
- Holiday Lighting Savings
- Caught On Camera... Red Light Safety In Palatka
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Fire Rescue Budget Under Fire