Veterans Honored with Wreaths for the Holidays
North Central Florida participated in a nationwide event to honor veterans this weekend.
Wreaths Across America is held every year at the same time across the country.
Nearly 800 locations took part this year.
A holiday wreath was placed on each soldier's tombstone and will stay there until after the holidays.
Over 150 people from the community showed up to the event to lay a wreath.
"The main theme is to let our children and future generations know that freedom isn't free. The veterans you see buried here in our Military Garden of Honor, are those that sacrificed their lives and served our country, and we came here to remember them today." Jim Lynch - Veterans Coordinator, Forest Meadows Funeral Home
The event is sponsored by the American Legion Post and Wal Mart donated money to purchase around 350 wreaths this year.
It was enough to put one on every veteran's grave.
- Highest Honors For An American Hero
- Obama Honors Veterans by Laying Wreath
- 4 Shot at NC Law Firm, Wal-Mart; Suspect Caught
- Marion County Detectives Search for Three Wal-Mart Television Thieves
- All American Liberty Fest Honors Veterans Young and Old
- Legion Luring New Veterans
- Blessing Buckets For Homeless Veterans
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Raises Safety Wreaths for the Holidays
- Covered Wagon Across America
- Running Across America