New Response Van
It's out with the old and in with the new. The American Red Cross is redesigning its emergency response vehicle. The chapter in Alachua County was a part of the national test for the new pilot vehicle. They got to test "Linda." Responders say the new design was made for the Red Cross purpose.
"It was made as a feeding vehicle that can feed thousands of meals out of it a day. We can do both distribution out of this vehicle. They can do case management out of this vehicle. It was built for the purpose," Casey Schmelz (Emergency Services Manager) said.
The new van also includes a backup camera and wireless internet. The Red Cross hopes to launch the new generation of vans by next year.
- Help Elizabeth Nesbitt Win a New Van
- Bush: Van Cliburn Spread Peace Through Music
- Van Der Sloot to U.S.
- Rubio to Deliver GOP Response to State of Union Speech
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Van Poyck Execution Remains Scheduled
- Church Van Crash Kills Two
- CSX Train Collides with Fedex Van in Hawthorne
- 11 yr old Girl Escapes Being Lured Into a Man's Van