Chili Cook Off
Bradford County Sheriff's Office employees hosted a chili cook off to raise money for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. It's a nationwide event that honors cancer survivors and raises money for research. Six people submitted a pot of chili. In the end, the judges chose Linda Bowen as the winner.
"She came up with this idea, pitched it, started organizing it, and got help from other ladies in the office that have survived cancer. Then she comes, turns around and wins it with her special pot of chili," Captain Brad Smith (Chief of Operations) said.
"I went ahead and submitted mine. Then, I won. I couldn't believe it. I'm just happy to be able to participate in it because I'm a five-year cancer survivor myself," Linda Bowen, (Records Clerk) said.
A bowl of chili was $5. The Sheriff's Office hopes to raise $200. For more information on Relay for Life events happening in Bradford County, visit the Bradford County Sheriff's Office Facebook Page.
- O'Leno Chili Cook-Off
- Chili CookOff Benefits Local Charity
- Chili Cook Off raises more than $50,000 for school
- Chili Pepper Stolen From UF Student
- Welcome Home Chili!
- The 8th Annual Chili Cookoff on September 26th
- Man Is Arrested for Cooking Cats
- Senate Expected to Hold Off Flood Insurance Boost
- Trail Life USA Kicks Off
- Three Men Arrested for Allegedly Cooking Meth Inside a Bronson Home