Chili Cook Off
Bradford County Sheriff's Office employees hosted a chili cook off to raise money for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. It's a nationwide event that honors cancer survivors and raises money for research. Six people submitted a pot of chili. In the end, the judges chose Linda Bowen as the winner.
"She came up with this idea, pitched it, started organizing it, and got help from other ladies in the office that have survived cancer. Then she comes, turns around and wins it with her special pot of chili," Captain Brad Smith (Chief of Operations) said.
"I went ahead and submitted mine. Then, I won. I couldn't believe it. I'm just happy to be able to participate in it because I'm a five-year cancer survivor myself," Linda Bowen, (Records Clerk) said.
A bowl of chili was $5. The Sheriff's Office hopes to raise $200. For more information on Relay for Life events happening in Bradford County, visit the Bradford County Sheriff's Office Facebook Page.
- O'Leno Chili Cook-Off
- Man Is Arrested for Cooking Cats
- Cooking In Jail
- Cooking Fire Badly Damages Gainesville Apartment
- Neighbors Cooking Meth In Backyard
- Josh Powell Murders: Social Worker Who Dropped Off the Boys Speaks
- Construction Worker Falls Off Bridge
- Discovery Takes Off For The Last Time
- School Shooter "Flips Off" Courtroom During Sentencing
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti