Third Annual Gator Fly-In Cancelled
GAINESVILLE--Last week's Federal Budget Sequester is already taking a toll on a community event.
On Friday, the Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV) and University Air Center announced that this year's Annual Gator Fly-In will be cancelled.
The event was scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 27th.
Military Branches are unable to commit aircraft to events such as the Fly-In, which would have been in it's third year of operation.
"We are disappointed and regret not being able to provide the quality aviation even that we were able to promote in the past."- (Laura Auiar, Manager of Public Relations for GNV)
GNV personnel and event organizers decided to cancel the event in order to avoid further commitment of resources.
For more information, contact Gainesville Regional Airport at (352) 373-0249 or e-mail info@FlyGainesville.com
- Direct Air Cancels Flights
- Breast Cancer Prevention
- Third Annual Empty Bowls Event Fighting Hunger in North Central Florida
- Third Annual Secret Santa for Disadvantaged Kids
- Religion & Politics
- Sarah Maynard Wants To Be A Gator
- Health Policy Cancellations: New Blow for Administration
- Rainy Weather Doesn't Stop Annual VA Charity Walk
- Paint The Town Orange For Bullying
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back