Aaron Hernandez Taken Into Custody
Massachusetts (AP) - New England Patriots tight end and former Gator Aaron Hernandez has been taken from his home in handcuffs after a Boston semi-pro football player was found dead in an industrial park a mile from his house.
Family members say the dead man, 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, was dating a woman whose sister is Hernandez's fiancee. Officials ruled the death a homicide but did not say how Lloyd died.
State police have searched in and around Hernandez's home in North Attleborough several times. At least three search warrants have been issued in connection with the investigation.
Hernandez attorney Michael Fee hasn't discussed the investigation.
- Prosecutor: Hernandez was Gunman in Double Killing
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- CytoSport Ends Endorsement Deal with Hernandez
- Pats Release Hernandez in Homicide Investigation
- Before Arrest, Hernandez No Stranger to Violence
- Cops: Evidence Found in Secret Hernandez Apartment
- Associate: Hernandez Put Guns in Box in Basement
- Hernandez Arraignment Set After Murder Indictment
- Boston Police: 3 More Suspects in Custody Bombings
- Abandoned Infant Doing Well in DCF Custody