Dangerous Habit of Smoking Alcohol Gains Popularity
GAINESVILLE- From the handful of videos posted online, young people aren’t finding it difficult to get drunk off of alcohol vapors.
You can do it by inhaling potent alcoholic fumes using everything from beer to wine.
Physicians say that unlike drinking alcohol which first affects the stomach then liver and bloodstream, inhaling alcohol has a much quicker effect.
Director of the Florida Recovery Center, Dr. Scott Teitelbaum says he expects the practice to get even more popularity, "Alcohol is the ole standby so it’s available, there's no problem with availability, and I expect that this will catch on a little bit more, that we would see a problem. I have not yet seen it, so I would imagine that with YouTube and the hits that we will see this much more.”
- Dangerous New Diet Gaining Popularity
- Stiffer Penalties for Businesses Caught Selling Alcohol to Underage Customers
- Hurricane Season Brings Increased Rain and Dangerous Driving Conditions
- National Tire Safety Week Puts Pressure on Drivers to Be, "Tire Smart"
- Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note
- Supreme Court Weighs in on Same Sex Marriage
- Got Milk? Farm Bill Discussion Raises Questions on Price of Dairy
- October Jobs Report Leave Construction Workers Wanting More
- As E-Cigarettes Grow in Popularity, Some Health Experts Urge Caution
- Same Sex Marriages Gain Equal Standing in the Eyes of Federal Government