National Tire Safety Week Puts Pressure on Drivers to Be, "Tire Smart"
FLORIDA- There are multiple components to being, “tire smart,” and experts say playing your part is as easy as remembering to check Pressure, alignment, rotation and tread.
Tire smart drivers should know: how to check tire pressure, how much air to put in tires.
Owner of Gainesville Tire Service Gary Rowell says that most people don't make tire care a priority.
“usually when they have a flat tire, they realize they have a problem, other than that they don’t worry about tires, tires are the last on the list, like I said they get the kids in the car and have the seatbelts all hooked up and have their luggage packed but they don’t even think about the tires.”
The US Department of Energy states that properly inflated tires can save you 11 cent per gallon on gas prices.
- UF Study Finds Designated Drivers Don't Always Spend the Night Sober
- Driver Escapes after Haile Plantation Sinkhole Swallows Jeep
- As Fourth of July Draws Closer, Firework Safety Remains a Concern
- Tracking Down, "Undecided," Voters
- Heavy Rains May Lead to "Mosquito Madness," this Hurricane Season
- UF Makes "Progress" with Renewable Energy on Campus
- Ocala "Hair-a-thon," in Support of Boy Fighting Cancer
- UF's Large Animal Hospital Puts Out Horse Owner Alert: "Bad EPM Drug"
- Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note
- Dangerous Habit of Smoking Alcohol Gains Popularity