Trump holds rally for thousands in Ocala
OCALA, Fla -- Republican nominee Donald Trump spoke to a crowd of thousands on Wednesday at the Southeastern Livestock Pavilion in Ocala.
Doors opened around 9 a.m. at the venue on Northeast Jacksonville Road. The Republican nominee took to the stage around 1 p.m. Wednesday to a crowd of thousands.
Trump on Wednesday was back on attacks against the Republican party, condemning GOP leaders who have recently pulled their support for Trump.
"Instead of calling and saying 'you destroyed her at the debate'," Trump said. "Wouldn't you think that Paul Ryan would call and say 'good going'?"
Trump specifically called out House Speaker Paul Ryan and even accused him of conspiring against Trump.
"There's a whole deal there I'm going to figure it out," Trump said. "I always figure things out."
With the election just 27 days away, Trump is setting his eyes on Florida.
"We have a lot of jobs, we have a lot of people in Florida," Trump said to TV20 on Wednesday. "It's an amazing place. Between the weather and the people, I think it's just amazing."
Back at the podium, Trump spent most of his time on opponent Hillary Clinton.
Donald Trump claimed without evidence that the Islamic State group will "take over this country" if Clinton is elected president.
Trump asserted that Islamic State fighters are "hoping and praying" that his Democratic nominee wins the White House.
He then warned that the terror group, which he said controls a portion of the Middle East, would then "take over this country, they'll take over this part of the world."
Both Trump and Clinton have claimed that IS uses the other's rhetoric as a recruiting tool.
Donald Trump also said Wednesday that if he loses the presidential election, it will have been the biggest waste of time and money in his life. Also, he doesn't know what comes next for him.
The Republican presidential candidate told supporters in Ocala: "If we don't win this election, I don't know what I'm going to do."
(Copyright WCJB and Associated Press 2016.)
- Ocala Trump rally preparations begin; security a concern
- Donald Trump clinches Republican nomination during RNC roll call
- Report shows huge 1995 Trump business losses
- Trump lashes out at 'self-righteous hypocrites'
- Obama suggests Trump insecurity prompts insults
- Decision 2016: Neither candidate in 'favorable standing'
- Thousands show for Confederate flag rally
- Thousands Expected for Upcoming Education Rallies in Tallahassee
- Man Arrested For Violating Trump Restraining Order
- Extreme Makeover Holds Gainesville Pep Rally