Ongoing Alachua Budget Dispute
The ongoing budget disputes in Alachua county entered a new phase today.
A court heard a legal challenge brought by county comissioners arguing that Sheriff Darnell was spending allocated funds innapropriately.
"The sheriff believes she can move money between departments between functions at the object code level of her budget, the comissioners disagree," said Mark Sexton, the county spokesperson.
The judge postponed the hearing on the sherriff's motion to dismiss due to a county request to file revised paperwork
A date for the new hearing has not yet been scheduled.
- The Last Showdown Before the Budget Dispute Goes to Tallahassee
- Review of FBI Shooting of Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Still Ongoing
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Gainesville Police Officer Resigns After An Ongoing Investigation
- Reactions to Terry Jones' Role in the Ongoing Libyan Crisis
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- ONLY ON 20: Budget appeal leaning in favor of Darnell
- Sheriff, commission reach agreement over budget appeal
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- County commissiners reduce sheriff's budget