First Female QB in Florida Takes Field
Published August 31st, 2012
Football is not always just for the boys.
One South Florida girl, is showing that girls can play too.
For the first time in the state's history, a female is set to take the field tonight as her high school's quarterback.
South Plantation senior Erin Dimeglio has quite the arm.
She's making history as the first girl in the state to play quarterback on a boy's varsity football team.
Those around her always knew she had the skills to play tackle football with the boys, even since her flag football days.
Erin does everything from with the boys, from throwing the ball around to even wearing all the pads.
Right now her biggest goal is throwing her first touchdown pass.
Being the only girl on the field doesn't bother her.
She hopes to be just as good or better than all the boys
- Gators Take the Field: Orange and Blue Debut
- First Female Mayor Of Gainesville Remembered Friday
- UF's Levin College of Law appoints first female Dean
- First Day of High School Football Practice
- First Day of School in North Central Florida
- Students, Parents Take Part In Family Field Day
- Chinese Developers Take a Field Trip to Alachua County
- Female Dragster Driver
- Florida's High Schools Improving
- CPR Training in Florida High Schools