Trevante Taylor Arrested at Lake Weir Football Game, Facing Trouble On 3 Fronts
Lake Weir- In a bizzare episode without adequate explanation, Lake Weir running back Trevante Taylor was arrested at the Hurricanes football game against Citrus last Friday for carrying a pocket knife onto the field in his football pants.
Lake Weir Principal Wayne Livingston said when he spoke with Taylor, Taylor didn't give an clear answer as to why he carried the pocket knife-which is considered a weapon on a high school campus-but Taylor did express regret.
At this point, though, Taylor will have to face potential penalites not only from the courts, but also with the Marion County School Board and Florida High School Athletic Association.
- HS Football Game of the Week Preview: Lake Weir vs Gainesville
- Lake Weir vs Forest at Lake Weir Football Highlights
- Teens Arrested for Vandalizing Lake Weir Middle School
- Gator Basketball Wins Game, Loses Guard Hill For A Month
- Santa Fe Upends Forest in Spring Football Game, Williston Winners Too
- Chiefland Wins, Newberry Falls in Spring Football Game, Other HS Scores
- GHS Dominant Over North Marion in Spring Football Game, Vanguard Defense Stout but Falls Short
- Chiefland Beats Bronson In Spring Football Game, Plus Other Area Scores
- Buchholz Falls in Spring Football Game, Plus Other Area Scores
- Lake Weir Middle School Student Hit By Truck, Dies