Adrian Peterson Back in Town: Motivating Youth
Published January 27th, 2014
GAINESVILLE - Former Santa Fe Raider, and NFL running back, adrian peterson was in town talking to the youth at Lincoln Middle School.
The Georgia Southern grad spent 9 years in the NFL, most of which with the Chicago Bears.
And now he spends his time traveling parts of the country, speaking to kids about overcoming obstacles and fighting through challenges; much like Peterson did with his speech impediment.
Earlier this month the Football Championship Subdivision named its offensive player of the year award in honor of Peterson.
It's a good time for the former pro, he was also promoting his book, Don't Dis My Abilities, which reinforces his positive message.
- Mike Peterson Giving Back: Football Camp and Family Fun Day
- Small Ala. Town: Relief that Child Hostage is Safe
- The Debate Over Corporal Punishment.. This After The Indictment of NFL Running Back Adrian Peterson
- Mike Peterson's 10th Annual Bring It Youth Football Camp and Alachua Family Fun Day
- Brewer Hosts Back 2 Back Youth Basketball Camp
- Fourth Annual Corey Brewer Back-to-Back Youth Basketball Camp
- Corey Brewer Back In Town Hosting Basketball Camp
- Hawthorne expanding Youth Sports Program
- Local youth reaction to World Cup win
- GRU and equality, topics in first candidate forum