Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
MIAMI (AP) - New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is being sued in South Florida by a man claiming Hernandez shot him in the face after an argument at a strip club.
The lawsuit filed late Wednesday by Alexander Bradley comes as police in New England investigate Hernandez's possible connection to the death of 27-year-old semi-pro player Odin Lloyd.
Bradley claims in the lawsuit he and Hernandez were with a group in February at Tootsie's club in Miami when the two got into an argument. Later, as they were driving to Palm Beach County, Bradley claims Hernandez shot him with a handgun, causing him to lose his right eye.
Bradley did not mention Hernandez in a police report at the time. Hernandez's lawyer did not immediately respond Thursday to an email seeking comment.
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Prosecutor: Hernandez was Gunman in Double Killing
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- CytoSport Ends Endorsement Deal with Hernandez
- Court: Florida Man Can't Be Held As Sex Offender
- Aaron Hernandez Taken Into Custody
- Pats Release Hernandez in Homicide Investigation
- Before Arrest, Hernandez No Stranger to Violence
- Cops: Evidence Found in Secret Hernandez Apartment
- Associate: Hernandez Put Guns in Box in Basement