Jerky Treats Harming Pets
Thousands of pets are getting sick from what appears to be because of treats their owners are giving them.
Since 2007, more than 3,600 dogs and 10 cats became sick after eating jerky treats.
And 580 of them have died.
The common link seems to be the treats were made in China.
They are sold under a variety of brand names.
After 1,200 tests done by the food and drug administration, veterinarians still can't determine exactly why the pets are getting sick.
As a result, dogs and cats can suffer from a decreased appetite, decreased activity, vomiting and diarrhea.
For more information about the treats or how to report a problem, copy this link: http://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary/safetyhealth/productsafetyinformation/ucm295445.htm
- FDA Issues Warning for Dog Jerky
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Gas Prices Lower
- UF professors in Brussels during terrorism attacks
- Pesticide May Harm Bees
- Florida's New Child Abuse Law Could Cause More Harm Than Good
- Baby dies; Mother's boyfriend admits to harming infant