Songs for Kids Foundation Visits Shands
They're lifting children's spirits by using music. The Songs for Kids Foundation is made up of artists who perform at children's hospitals across the country. Today these artists came to shands as part of their "2013 Songs for Kids Tour." The organization's leaders say children often suffer from isolation when dealing with an illness-- especially if they have to stay in the hospital for a long time. Child life specialists say the music helps kids return to being just a kid.
"A lot of things are taken away from them here and so giving them opportunities to just be a kid, and just play, and just do activities that are normal and that happen every day for them in the outside world and binging them here," Anna Lake (Child Life Specialist) said.
Children were encouraged to sing along while musicians played their favorite songs.
The foundation's next stop will be in Orlando at the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children.
For more information on the Songs for Kids Foundation, click here.
- Death of Son, Leads to New Foundation and Future Children's Hospital
- Ferrero Foundation Hosts Event To Raise To Build Children's Hospital
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- "Sweet" Fundraiser Benefits Dance Marathon & Shands Hospital for Children
- Shands Hospital for Children in Gainesville Sneak Peak
- UF Shands Children's Hospital Opens New Entrance
- Force Sisters Visit Children's Hospital Before Race
- SHANDS HOSPITAL TURNS 50
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- New Shands Cancer Hospital